Candy From A Baby

These are the facts: I was on mile 9 of the St. Jude Marathon. I was really hungry. Some kid had candy in his hand. I took it from him. I am about 60% sure that he was giving candy away but the other 40% of me thinks that it's entirely possible that he just had...

read more

Pursue

When my brother wanted to learn to play guitar, he took formal lessons and started practicing E minor; when I wanted to learn to play the drums, I bought the sheet music for Metallica, Rush, and Led Zeppelin. My brother went the more conservative route, I went in,...

read more

Baffled

When I was growing up my mom made clear three things that she wanted me to do: Learn Spanish. Stop drinking so much. Learn to type. Against my mother's advice, I took French, kept drinking, and continued learning the hunt-n-peck method on the keyboard. As fate would...

read more

lhrl.life Updates & Check Ins 11.25.2018

Something we will improve upon Ok, now that I’ve gotten my training somewhat under control I am going to set my sites on nutrition. I’ve put it off long enough. I don’t count macros or anything, but I eat way too much junk and it’s time to cut it out. I installed My...

read more

Tater Tots: Team Faction

I started a two week free trial at CrossFit Memphis around October 11, 2009. When that two week trial was coming to an end, I was starting to worry. I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to explain to my wife how I was going to pay $150/month for this new gym...

read more

lhrl.life Updates & Check Ins 11.17.2018

Something we will improve upon Read this article: https://medium.com/@MarkManson/stop-trying-to-change-yourself-e77bb057ade1 It’s pretty great, and I am terrible about getting my identity involved and I’m going to try to focus on that a lot more: “Here’s the problem...

read more