50 Mile/400lb. Deadlift (300 lbs. Women)
- Best Marathon Time: 3:43 – St. Jude Marathon (Memphis, TN) 20104
- Best 50K Time:
6:03 Sylamore 50K 2012Bartlett Park Ultras 50K 5:47
- Best 50 Mile Time:
12:20 – Ouachita 50 Miler 20119:34 Tunnel Hill 50 2015
- 5K PR: 20:40
- Back Squat:
308 lbs. – 315lbs.320lbs.
- Front Squat: 280 lbs.
- Deadlift: 445 lbs.
- Press: 155 lbs (Overhead)
- Snatch: 160 lbs.
- Clean and Jerk: 210 lbs.
205 lbs. 215 lbs.
- Fran: 4:24
Wilson “Beefcake” Horrell
Total fat guy, food junkie, 2+packs of cigarettes a day, lover and addict of all things unhealthy, lazyass who joined Olive Branch CrossFit, started hanging with the endurance crowd at LHRL, and watched my life and daily habits change. I like to run (but not all the time), and I like to lift (but not all the time). Truthfully, I like to do what I want, and I don’t want to spend every waking hour either in the gym or on a trail. I found an awesome balance of work and play through the coaching and concept of LHRL, as well as some really cool people, so I started trying some longer distances. I’m not a fast runner, and really don’t aspire to be, but I am relatively strong and I can play all day on the trails with the other kids. My life has changed thanks to this program. I appreciate the culture shift, and blending heavy weights with long distance.
- Back Squat 325lbs
- Push Press 250lbs
- Front Squat 240lbs
- Deadlift 415lbs
- Fastest Mile 7:14
- Fastest 5k 26:20
- Fastest 10k 54:36
- Sylamore 50K 2015. Finished Dead Last, but was robbed of this title because they grouped the final three of us in alphabetical order 10:22
- Sylamore 50K 2016 8:58
- Stanky Creek 50K 2015 7:30
- Tunnel Hill 50miler 14:52 Didn’t finish dead last, but with enough perseverance, I can get there.
- 51 Miles completed in 2016 Tour D’Spirit 24-Hour Race
- 2017 Fall Creek Falls 50K 8:03
Capt. Santiago Morales
I’m currently stationed at Fort Bragg. I have a loving Wife Nichole, PA-C, and beautiful little 15-month old girl, Eliana. Born and raised Texan, graduated from Texas A&M University. Recently got into lifting over the last year. I am a former ambassador for Trail Racing Over Texas and a current member of the Snowdrop Foundation’s Honor Team. Each race we run is dedicated to a child battling Pediatric cancer. Every year I run the Snowdrop Foundation Ultra 55 Hour Race and Relay to raise money for pediatric cancer research and scholarships for survivors.
First marathon: Austin Marathon 2013
First Half: Soldier’s Half-Marathon 2013
First ultra: Hog’s Hunt 50k 2014
Half: Atlanta Half 2013
Austin Marathon 2014
Temple Half 2014
Brazos Bend Half 2015
Marathon: Jackelope Jam 2016
Army Marathon 2015
All-American Marathon 2017
Snowdrop Foundation Ultra 2015- 100Miles
Snowdrop Foundation Ultra 2016- 100Miles
Brazos Bend 2015 50Miler
Hog’s Hunt 50k 2015
Wild Hare 50k 2015
Korea 59K 2016
Snowdrop Foundation Ultra 2017- 100Miles
I ran cross-country and track in high school, afterwards I stopped exercising completely. I was 22 years old overweight and smoked half a pack almost daily. Woke up one day sick of the way I was living and at 22 I lost 50lbs and quit smoking cold turkey. I wanted to prove to my coworker that I really use to like running and we did the warrior dash 5k in 2009. That same year I found an ad in a magazine about the north face endurance challenge in wisconsin and ran my first 50k that year. right away I became obsessed with running, after a few years of running ultras I wanted to challenge myself in a new way and found power lifting. The past 2 years of lifting and no running, I had the desire to do ultra races again and just finished the st pats 24hour race this october 2016 with 76.6miles. Now looking for that balance between lifting heavy and long runs 🙂
- 2009 My first Ultra the North face endurance challenge 50k 5:11:36
- Cincinnati flying pig marathon 3:05:29 (boston qualifier)
- North face endurance challenge best 50miler 7:08:14
- Dances with dirt Devils lake 50miler 3rd place overall 9:08:56
- St. Pats 24hour race 100miles completed
- 2012 Boston Marathon participant
- 2013 Potawatomi 150mi DNF with 130miles
- Mohican 100miler 27:56:01
- 2015 first and only powerlifting competition APF summer bash raw division 2nd place 67kg weight class with 467.5kg total
- 2016 best lifts
- 2016 St. Pat’s 24 hr (first ultra in 2years) 76.65 miles
Josh Otero is the CEO and founder of Recover Faster. Josh has been an athlete his entire life, including a collegiate gymnast. While in the business world, Josh reduced his stress through many activities and became a CrossFit coach, Spartan coach, marathoner, ultra-marathoner, and a participant in athletic fundraising for the MARSOC foundation and the Ride430. These experiences motivated Josh to pursue a career in fitness industry. As a result, Josh left the corporate world and opened a CrossFit gym. Josh’s continued personal pursuit of fitness and wellness fueled his passion to create Recover Faster. Recover Faster promotes optimal performance based on physiological data. Josh has worked extensively with the creators of HRV technology to understand the data and adjust workouts to hit peak performance. www.recoverfaster.vip
- 5K – 18:37
- 10K – >40
- Marathon – 3:26 – shooting for sub 3:10
- 50 mile – 3X Finisher
- 100 miles – Leadville Trail 100 – DNF – Going back for more
- Deadlift – 415lbs
- Front Squat – 275lbs
- Thruster – 205lbs
- Fran – 3:10
- Murph (w/vest) – 36:59
- Tommy V – 24:21
- Bandera 100k 23:48
- 1RM Deadlift 405#
- 1RM Back Squat 385#
- 1RM Thruster 205#
Elijah “Hazzerdd” Hassertt
- 1 mile- 5:04 @ Track Meet (4:44 in training)
- 2 mile- 11:17 @ Track Meet
- 5k- 19:14
- 1/2 marathon- 1:39, Seattle Marathon 2013
- Marathon- 3:38, Redmond Watershed Trail Marathon 2015 (3rd Place)
- 50k- 5:52, Hawaii Kai Ultra Runs (1st Place)
- 50 mile- 10:31, Hamster Endurance Run Split
- 12 Hour- 54.6 miles, Hamster Endurance Run (1st Place), 57.09 miles in training
- 100k- 13:16, In training
- Squat- 360, Double Viking Meet (405 in training)
- Bench- 240, Double Viking Meet
- Deadlift- 505, Double Viking Meet (525 in training)
- Deadlift for reps- 475×4 in 60sec., Washington’s Strongest Apple
- OH Press- 155, In Training
- Jerk- 215, Double Viking Meet
I love getting stronger, but other strength athletes don’t know what they are missing out on in finishing an ultra. So I have finished a handful of marathons and two brutal 50 milers and can deadlift 425.
- Deadlift: 425 lbs.
- White River 50 Miler: 2010: 12:09:15 2011: 11:04:58
- Best marathon time: Missoula 2010: 3:41:37
- Best 5k time (2013): 21:22
- Clean and jerk: 265 lbs.
- Squat: 385 lbs.
- Press: 180 lbs.
- Fran: 4:30
- Bench press: 260 lbs.
- 4th degree black belt in Taekwondo
- Washington’s Strongest Apple 2014 (strongman)175lb division: 1st place
365 back squat
central east regional qualifier
11:30 2 mile
1:26 500M row
Swamp Stomper 50K x 2,
Sylamore 50K x 2,
2008 Los Locos Duathlon 1st place Fat Tire Division
2010 Winter Cross Country Series 5K 2nd Place Age Group
2006 Wolfman Duathlon 3rd place Age Group
2006 Wolfman Triathlon 3rd Place Age Group
- Back Squat: 430 lbs.
- Front Squat: 315lbs.
- Deadlift: 450 lbs.
- Press: 195 lbs.
- Snatch: 165lbs.
- Clean and Jerk: 215 lbs.
- Bench: 295lbs.
- 5 marathons
- 8 50k’s (fastest 7:48 = Bartlett Park 2010)
- 4 50m (fastest 12:08 = Mississippi 50 2009)
- 2 24 hour
- 1 100m cycle (6:58 = Bluff City Blues 100 2011)